Posted on July 3, 2013
Vancouver, Canada – One Widow Playing Cards is proud to introduce Poker Skills 1.0 for iOS. Poker Skills is a new casual social game that challenges a players knowledge of poker. The game focuses on a players ability to recognize the highest value poker hands in a regular Texas holdem poker table. The hands start out easy with all community cards shown face up with two poker players hole cards also displayed face up. Selecting the highest hand at the table within the time limit increases your points and progresses through the levels.
There are three single player modes available Normal, Harder and Place your Bet. With more game modes to be released in coming updates. A player earns coins in these games that can be used to stake their multiplayer head to head games.
Multiplayer head to head games give the players a chance to test their poker skills against other players in a best of three rounds format. Players can select a stake level for the game with different winning and losing prize amounts which up the risk and rewards.
Leader boards for high scores allow a player to track their progress and rank. Tournaments are planned with prizes available for highest leader board rankings in the coming weeks. Prizes will include addition coins for in game use and also merchandise from the online store.
Custom designed playing cards are also available for purchase from the one widow online store.
Poker Skills by One Widow is now available as a free download with in-app purchases from the apple app store for iPhone and iPad. This will be the first of a number of apps from One Widow featuring playing cards designed by the company. Additional apps are in development that will expand the offering including variants of traditional card games like poker, blackjack and more.
* Play single player or head to head against your friends
* Turn-based design lets you play multiple head to head games simultaneously
* Push notifications tell you when it’s your turn
* In app coin purchases and free rewards
* Chose different card designs to play with
* Keep track of all your victories with our leader board
* Stay in touch with friends with in-game chat messaging
What makes it different:
* Not your standard “sit at a table and play poker” game
* Turn based game play allows you to play multiple games when you want
* Prizes and tournaments will be scheduled on a regular basis
* Challenging game play that will improve your knowledge and abilities at poker
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 19.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Poker Skills by One Widow 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.